SECTION 1. The NAME of the Club shall be the IRISH WATER SPANIEL CLUB OF AMERICA.
SECTION 2. The OBJECTIVES of the Club shall be:
1. To promote the public's knowledge and appreciation of dogs in general and Irish Water Spaniels in particular;
2. To produce, publish, and distribute to the general public educational materials about the proper care, treatment, breeding, health, development and training of Irish Water Spaniels;
3. To support and promote study and research on the history, character, breeding, genetics and particular health problems of the Irish Water Spaniel;
4. To establish a National Data Base of resource materials about the Irish Water Spaniel;
5. To further understanding of the disease, defects, injuries and other ailments that afflict dogs in general and Irish Water Spaniels in particular;
6. To acknowledge and advance the critical role of an AKC recognized Parent Club in providing education, health research and support of rescue for the benefit of the general public, purebred dogs and Irish Water Spaniels in particular;
7. To conduct activities including sporting events, sanctioned matches, specialty shows, hunt and working certificate tests, obedience, agility and tracking trials, and other such activities and events as may be held under the rules of the American Kennel Club, in furtherance of the above purposes;
8. To otherwise preserve and protect the Irish Water Spaniel and to do all things possible to bring its natural qualities to light, including promoting regional activities and the establishment of local clubs and/or interest/study groups;
9. To urge members and breeders to abide by the AKC's Code of Good Sportsmanship and accept the standard of the breed as approved by the American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which the Irish Water Spaniels shall be judged.
SECTION 3. The Club shall not be conducted or operated for profit and no part of any profits or remainder or residue from dues or donations to the Club shall inure to the benefit of any member or individual.
SECTION 4. The members of the Club shall adopt, and may from time to time revise, such By- Laws as may be required to carry out these objectives.